A Friday in Masjid Al Haram Makkah
Why A Friday in Masjid Al Haram is so special? Friday is like any other day in Masjid al-Haram. But when the time comes for Jummah prayers, All the shops will be closed. Note these shops will be closed around 1030am till 0100pm.
The gates of the Masjid Al haram too will be closed.
You must wake up early to have your food and walk to Masjid before the gate closes. The reason for closing the gates is to control the crowd into the Masjid al-Haram.
Why Friday a Special Day for Muslims?
- First human Adam (PBUH) was created on this day. (refer Hadeeth).
- Adam (PBUH) died on this day.(refer Hadeeth).
- Allah has made Friday special for Muslims. Unlike Jews and Christians who make Saturday and Sunday as special days. (refer Hadeeth).
- The day of resurrection will come on Friday. (refer Hadeeth).
- There is an hour in every Friday, all the permissible dua asked during this hour will be accepted. (refer Hadeeth).
- Best prayers before Allah which is Fajr prayers in a congregation on a Friday. Note:- One of the unique features of Fajr prayer on Friday is that it is Sunnah to recite Soorat al-Sajdah in the first rak’ah and Soorat al-Insaan in the second. (refer Hadeeth)..
- Whoever dies during the day or night of Friday, Allaah will protect him from the trial of the grave. (refer Hadeeth).
Praying jumma In Masjid Al haram
Jummah prayers at the Masjid Al Haram is one the greatest thing to experience. If you are there for Umrah, make sure you wake up for fajr on that Friday. Pray your fajr at masjid Al haram. Recite Surah Al Kahf. The whole surah, If not the first ten and the last ten Ayats of the surah al Kahf.
Try to pray Friday Jummah prayers inside Masjid Al Haram. If possible, near the Kaaba. You have to leave for prayers around 10 in the morning. If you go late, the authorities will close its entrance or gates. You might have to pray outside the mosque. Come on... Most probably you must be staying there only for one Friday. Why do you want to risk it? And loose or waste an opportunity given by Allah to pray a Friday Jummah salat in Masjid al-Haram.
why do want to go and pray the jummah in masjid Al haram?
- Allah speaks about Jummah in the holy quran. Command Muslim men to leave all worldly affairs to join the prayers. (refer quran).
- Praying Jummah without skipping 5 daily salats will erase all minor sins till next Friday and three more days after that Friday.(refer Hadeeth).
Despite the availability of several other masjids in Makkah that too closer to the masjid Al haram. The Masjid Al haram gets a massive number of worshipers. Why?
Because it’s the virtue of the Friday jummah prayers and virtue of praying salat in the Masjid al-Haram. The workers and shop owners of mecca live there for years. Even they take every opportunity to pray jummah inside the Masjid al-Haram. People come from different cities.
Furthermore, some Umrah pilgrims plan an Umrah that they get only one Friday jummah prayers in the masjid al haram. So, do not take it lightly. Maybe it’s your last Friday jummah in Makkah. May Allah give us long lives and May Allah give us more opportunities to enter the Masjid al-Haram.
Performing an umrah on a Friday.
Performing an Umrah on a Friday can be little tactical. But not impossible. Because they will close the tawaf area for Friday Jummah prayers, but they shut it a few hours before the prayers. Therefore, plan the tawaf well before Jummah. The road from Aishah mosque to the Masjid Al Haram might get congested before Jummah. So, you make you arrange it before 1030 am.
If you are still not sure whether you can make it, perform the Umrah on Thursday night after maghrib which is Friday night is according to Islam. In Islam night belongs to the day that follows it. But make sure you don’t skip Fajr prayers.
note: There will be Salathul Janaza offered in jamaat (congregation) after the Jummah prayers.
What is Salathul Janaza?
how to pray Salathul Janaza?
Quaranic verses supporting the Article
“O you who believe (Muslims)! When the call is proclaimed for the Salaah (prayer) on Friday (Jumu‘ah prayer), come to the remembrance of Allaah [Jumu‘ah religious talk (Khutbah) and Salaah (prayer)] and leave off business (and every other thing). That is better for you if you did but know!”
Hadeeths Supporting the article.
- Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “The five daily prayers and from one Jumu’ah to the next is an expiation for whatever sins come in between them, so long as one does not commit a major sin.”
- The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “There is no Muslim who dies during the day of Friday or the night of Friday but Allaah will protect him from the trial of the grave.”
- It was narrated from Abu Hurayrah (may Allaah be pleased with him) that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) used to recite in Fajr prayer in Fridays Alif-Laam-Meem Tanzeel(Soorat al-Sajdah) in the first rak’ah and Hal ata ‘ala’l-insaan heenun min al-dahr lam yakun shay’an madhkooran (Soorat al-Insaan) in the second.
- The Messenger (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “The best prayer before Allaah is Fajr prayer on Friday in congregation.”
- The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Friday is the master of days, and the greatest of them before Allaah. It is greater before Allaah than the day of al-Adha and the day of al-Fitr. It has five characteristics: on this day Allaah created Adam, on it He sent Adam down to the earth, on it Allaah caused Adam to die, on it there is a time when a person does not ask Allaah for anything but He gives it to him, so long as he does not ask for anything haraam, and on it the Hour will begin. There is no angel who is close to Allaah, no heaven, no earth, no wind, no mountain and no sea that does not fear Friday.”
- The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “The best day on which the sun rises is Friday. On it Adam was created, on it he was admitted to Paradise and on it he was expelled therefrom.”
- the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “The best of your days is Friday. On that day Adam (peace be upon him) was created; on that day he died; on that day the Trumpet will be blown and on that day all of creation will swoon. So send a great deal of blessings upon me, for your blessings will be shown to me.” They said, “O Messenger of Allaah, how will our blessings upon you be shown to you when you have turned to dust?” He said, “Allaah has forbidden the earth to consume the bodies of the Prophets, peace be upon them.”
(ﷺ) - (salallahu Alai wasallam)- Peace be upon him (PBUH)
رضي الله عنه (Radhiallahu’ Anhu) - May Allah be pleased with him
Jan 17, 20 01:01 PM
lets find out about the ruling on cutting or trimming the hair for the umrah for male and female pilgrim..
Dec 08, 19 10:24 PM
How to perform umrah? A detail guide with important duas and procedure of umrah and its part acts tawaf and sai.
Dec 03, 19 10:36 AM
saiee is to walk in beween mount Safa and mount Marwa 7 times. you must start form mount Safa and finsih form mount Marwa.